Month: February 2017

We do Wills and Powers of Attorney!

Are you earning an income? Do you have children? Are you above the age of 18 years? Do you have assets? Do you have a spouse/partner?


If you answer yes to any of the above questions then you need a current Will and Powers of Attorney.


Every person over the age of 18 years should have a Will which stipulates who they wish to bequeath their assets to. The Will can also stipulate funeral and burial wishes and it can also explicitly exclude certain people from receiving a benefit from their estate.


At the fixed price of only $750 (including GST), Hassall’s Litigation Services will draft 3 documents for you:


  1. A Will;
  2. A Medical Power of Attorney; and
  3. An Enduring Power of Attorney (Financial & Personal).


What are you waiting for?


Get yourself sorted today and give your family the peace of mind knowing that if anything happens to you, they know what your wishes are.


For more information, speak with us today.


This article provides information that is general in nature and is not a substitute for legal advice.

Are you still owed money?

If you’ve started the new year with one or more outstanding debts on your books – here’s a way you can start proceedings – for a lot less than you may think.

Our website now includes a “Letter of Demand” that you can use as your first your step to recover outstanding debts.

It’s easy to use:

  1. Simply click HERE and you will be directed to our online  “Demand Letter” service
  2. Simply complete your details, your debtors details in the form provided on our website
  3. Pay a flat fee of $77 [incl GST]


Hassall’s Litigation Services will complete a Letter of Demand on its letterhead. The letter will be sent, within 7 days of payment, to your debtor. This demand letter serves as a warning to pay the money or further legal action may be taken.

This new service will only cost you $77 [inc GST] to have the letter completed, printed and delivered.

Once the Demand Letter has been sent

No further action will be taken. However, if you require further assistance, simply contact us and we may assist you to commence proceedings to recover your debt.


To complete your Letter of Demand, simply click here.


If you know someone chasing an outstanding invoice – let them know about this service today!


This article provides information that is general in nature and is not a substitute for legal advice.

Disputes with your neighbour Part 3

Disputes with neighbours are unfortunately on the increase in Victoria.


We have written two articles advising on these disputes. One of them deals with fencing disputes and the other deals with adverse possession.


The fundamental message in the previous two articles is that having an amicable, constructive and supportive relationship with your next door neighbour is perhaps more valuable than living in the house of your dreams. If you have a dispute with your neighbour then it should be resolved quickly or else it may lead to the souring and destruction of your neighbourly relationship which signals the beginning of a living nightmare.


This article deals with disputes arising out of the neighbour’s trees.


There are no specific State or local laws relating to disputes between neighbours about trees. Disputes about trees are covered by “common law”, which is law that has been developed by Courts over time.


Most disputes are to do with overhanging branches or roots encroaching onto a neighbour’s property. You are entitled to cut off branches overhanging your property and to dig up roots on your property.

HOWEVER, this must be done in such a way that it does not cause unnecessary damage to a tree. Also, you cannot enter your neighbour’s property without permission. Even if your neighbour’s tree is overhanging your property, you should tell your neighbour before you cut off branches because firstly, your neighbour may offer to assist in trimming the tree and secondly, if you destabilise the tree this may cause problems with the neighbour.


A property owner is responsible for all trees growing on his/her property and with respect to neighbours, must ensure there is no nuisance caused to the neighbouring property by the tree branches extending over the neighbour’s property and the tree’s roots growing under the fence and into the neighbour’s property.


Tell your neighbour what you plan to do and ask what they’d like done with the branches and roots that you cut off, as strictly speaking, these remain the property of the tree owner.


For more information, speak with us today.


This article provides information that is general in nature and is not a substitute for legal advice.