Will you have to sell your property after separation?

If you have separated and do not have the capacity to be able to borrow money to re-finance on your home to be able to pay your spouse/partner his or her entitlements under the Family Law Act 1975, then you may have to sell the home.

We can help you assess the other parties’ entitlements and organise an independent valuation (at the shared cost of the parties) for the purposes of a property settlement.

Before proceeding with sale of property after a separation, talk to us so that we may advise you of what steps to take.

This article provides information that is general in nature and is not a substitute for legal advice.